What is the purpose of Eye Surgery?
Eye surgery is commonly known as orogolomistician surgery or ocular surgery. Eye surgery is typically performed on the eye or adnexa by the ophthalmologist. Eyes are the most sensitive organ of the human body so, this requires the possible care in the top quality environment and also require the supervision of the expert ophthalmologists or eye surgeon.
In the ancient period of time, steel blades and painful procedures are used,
Various types of the eye surgeries performed in India are:
- Refractive Surgery (this includes LASIK): The purpose of this surgery is to correct or improve the vision.
- Cataract Surgery: A cataract is actually the clouding of the eye and can only be corrected with cataract surgery.
- Glaucoma Surgery: The purpose of this procedure is to decrease the production of the intra-ocular fluid.
- Corneal Surgery: This surgery replaces the scarred corneal tissue with the healthy tissue.
- Vitreo-retinal Surgery: This is used to cover the permanent vision loss.